Wednesday 23 March 2022

ATHLETIC TOO FAST FOR THE HARRIERS

 Central Midlands League: Premier Division South

SOUTH NORMANTON ATHLETIC FC 4 HILTON HARRIERS FC 0

Att 44: Very Good Programme £2 


Not that often I get the chance to get to a midweek fixture, but with 14 month grandchild living just up the road from South Normingtons ground, the wife was going to visit. Id seen Lance a few weeks back at Rainworth MW where he said that his club would do the same as Rainworth had done that evening and my admission fee could go to the Charity Blog and I said I would take him up on the offer, I was going to tis fixture 2 weeks ago but the rain put pay to that, but tonight was a lot different after sunshine all day. Hazel got a phone call just as we set off to say that our grandsons mum wasnt feeling too good and was having a early night, so rather than drive 30 mins and back and back and forth she would sit in the clubhouse and have a cuppa and do her puzzle book.

Ive always been made welcome at South Normanton, a nice friendly and had working committee and I have fond memories of opening their clubhouse some years ago, taking a groundhop fixture there for a Saturday night 8pm kick off and also hosting a race night for them, so yes good times.

I was greeted I walked in by 2 of the recently appointed managers of the home club and then by the club chairman Phil Bailey and secretary Jack Naylor, then introduced to club shop manager Dale who also runs the tea bar with his lovely wife. After a rummage through some boxes in the club shop I find a coupe, of programmes of interest and they are very cheap..Any one visiting should have a look in as they also have a board pf badges from around the country as well as some foreign ones.

Then in came Phil Handley the Programme Editor with a bundle of programmes wrapped round his arms, he greets me straight away as we go back some years and we have a chat and I grab one of his programmes for £2 which is very good.

It was then time for me to hit the bar and say hello to Simon who does me a shandy, I think he thought I was on a wind up when I told him I dont drink, but only shandy now days.

So it was outside I go and sit right behind the goal in the stand at the top of the hill, but on my way I bump in to a few folks I know and say hello to.

The game kicks off and it the Shiners on the attack straight away and could well have been a goal to the good after just 30 seconds as the ball flashed past the far post. Hilton looked quick up front and quickly appealed for a penalty but from where I was sat, the referee was spot on waving play on, much to the disgust of the Hiltons number 10 who was still insisting he was bought down.

After 10 minutes, South Normanton break down the left side before the ball is played in to LIAM McCORMACK who fires them in to the lead.

Hilton press forward but the home defence is standing solid and there is a good midfield battle going on between both teams but not many chances at goal, that is until the 35th minute, when a quick break down the right hand side sees the ball played square for HARRY BROOKES to knock home from near distance.

Things got worse for the visitors on 43 minutes, when they went 3-0 down, when HARRY BROOKES smashed home a shot from just inside the area.

Half  Time came and the wife had got the coffees in and also some lovely cakes, I know being diabetic I shouldnt have ate it but they were lovely, I was then joined by Malc who has been with Normanton since I can recall.

The Second Half kicks of and it is the homesters straight on the attack when the ball is played to the right wing where LEE CARTER cuts in and smashes the ball in to the far corner over the net to make it 4-0.

The rest of the half is fairly even with Hilton hitting the post and it bouncing out before being cleared, both keepers making very good saves at each end to prevent anymore goalscoring.

I'd like to thank South Normanton Athletic FC for the kind £6 donation and with the 4 goals scored it takes the running total to a amazing £1,360.50p for Family Fund, that support families with children with special needs and disabilities


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LIAM'S EARLY HAT TRICK SETTLES THE MATCH

 Euro Soccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Premier Division ATTENBOROUGH FC 1 FC SEZ 4  A trip to Attenborough FC for a number of reasons f...