Wednesday 2 February 2022

TOWN HOLD ON FOR FIRST WIN ON THE ROAD

 Northern Counties East League: Division One

RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE FC 2 SHIREBROOK TOWN FC 3

Att: 140


Les Lee the Secretary of Rainworth Miners Welfare FC every time I see him he tells me to pop down to the Welfare Ground and I will be most welcomed which I always am. On arrival is a free pass to get in, but when clubs do this and admission was £5, I put £5 into the charity from the club, so thankyou for the kind donation from Rainworth Miners Welfare FC.

As I get in to the ground, I bump in to Rainworth Gary, who I used to see quite often up at the hospital but he told me he had retired 2 years ago and bought my programme(£1) which was very good read and my golden goal ticket(wasnt very golden for me, as I was only about 35 minutes out lol).

Les then came over to greet me and showed me to the hospitality room where the kind lady June made me a cuppa as I relaxed for 30 minutes.

As kickoff was getting closer, I headed to the gate again but they had run out of teamsheets but the gateman let me take a photo of his, so Id got the line ups and in walked old friend who Id not seen for about 12 years Chris Marsh from Chesterfield, this man is the person to blame for my camera, as it was him I went to many years ago for advice and I got the same camera as him and its still going strong.

I then spotted a chap taking a photo of a meat pie, so I assumed he was a groundhopper and we had a quick chat, before hading round the side to join Malc Storer who also does a fantastic blog with fixtures and results on for his chosen charity, so chuck him a £5 in for his great cause, already this guy has attended well over 200 matches this season around the Notts & Derbyshire area. We soon joined by the Pie Hopper and AFC Mansfield's Ansy Saunders for a chat.

The game kicked off and could well have been 2-2 in the first 10 minutes as chances were going from one end to the other.

In the 26th minute, a trip in the Shirebrook box sees a penalty given to Rainworth, up steps Curtis Williamson but his shot sails over the crossbar, they often say games have turning points and this looked like the case here as 6 minutes later, the visitors took the lead when a corner from the right found out ASHLEY GRAYSON who slotted the ball home.

On 38 minutes, Town doubled their lead, when KENAN McKENZIE-GRAY broke down the left hand side and hit a shot from the corner of the area across to the far side of the corner of the net. 

On 43 minutes, it looked like game over, as it became 3-0 to Shirebrook when a corner from the left side scrambled round the area before DANIEL RAMSEY knocked the ball home.

Rainworth hadnt given up and on the stroke of half time, infact the last move of the half, NATHAN BENGER turned and fired home to reduce the arrears.

Well a nice cuppa back in the hospitality lounge was most welcomed with my glasses steamed up from the heat of the cabin and the kind lady June then carried my cuppa out to pitchside, as I cant carry it with me being on crutches.

Wrens Manager Craig Weston must have had strong words with his players during the break as they came out looking more eager to push forward. Chances are aplenty at both ends but in the 67th minute KANE HEMPSHALL lashes a ball forward from some 45 yards out and hits the back of the net to make it 3-2 to Shirebrook.

This really puts the homesters on the front foot and the visiting keeper is called in to action a few times to keep his side in the lead for them to gain their first away victory of the season.

I felt the referee Gary Thomas had a very good match.

One person missed was my old friend Gordon Foster who over the years is Rainworth through and through, who sadly his wife isnt too well at present so he has had to put his good lady first but I know he will read this blog and every match will look out for the score. Rest assured Gordon, Paul Fryer as stepped in to your shoes to do a excellent programme

Many thanks again to Rainworth Miners Welfare FC for the kind donation from the admission which now takes the running total to £1,274.30p for Family Fund, a charity that helps and aids families with children with special needs and disabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LIAM'S EARLY HAT TRICK SETTLES THE MATCH

 Euro Soccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Premier Division ATTENBOROUGH FC 1 FC SEZ 4  A trip to Attenborough FC for a number of reasons f...