Tuesday 5 October 2021

TOWN CRUSH SAD MAGPIES

 South West Peninsula League

PENZANCE AFC 1 FALMOUTH TOWN FC 5


After a day round the shops of Penzance as we were finishing off, Dave Higgins approached me in the town centre to say hi and he was on his way to the same match as myself. On arrival at the gate, I was greeted by the gateman who told me that sadly they hadnt done a programme this season, oh well not the end of the world. I made my way round the side of the pitch and bumped in to Mr Penzance AFC himself John Mead, a really helpful chap and always time for a quick chat. I then heard a voice say hello Rob are you on holiday again, as I turned round it was my old friend Neil Pitt from Holmans SC FC who was a assistant referee for this fixture.

I then got a pasty and a cuppa before sitting in the stand and it wasnt long before Dave joined me, I said a quick hello to Cornish non league legend Dave Deacon as he went by.

The match kicked off but me and Dave had no idea who was playing in which colour, as last time I saw these 2 clubs, The Magpies played in black and white stripes, whilst their visitors played in gold. I went to the line up board but no one had filled it in, so I was very grateful to where ever Dave Deacon was in the ground as he was tweeting the names of the scorers.

We soon found out after 12 minutes who Falmouth were as they scored after a superb shot from a distance from ANDREAS VALLEJA-STAYNE, the reason we knew it was Falmouth that had scored was a bloke behind the goal had a drum and started the Falmouth fans singing.

On 18 minutes, it soon became 2-0 to the visitors through a LUKE BRABYN penalty.

On 29 minutes, a ball up the left side of the pitch saw a home player go past a defender and the away keeper gathering the ball, no one appealed but the ref pointed to the spot, the Falmouth defence were too pleased esp the keeper and the keeper was shown a yellow card. Up stepped MARK VERCESI and smashed the ball home. Then keeper still wasnt very happy, then he took off his shirt as he had been sent to the sin bin.

Whilst down to ten men, the home side didnt really test the stand in keeper apart from one shot that went straight in to his arms and a easy catch.

The second half kicked off and Penzance pushed forward forcing the real visiting keeper in to a couple of saves but on 63 minutes, this led to spaces at the back and when they lost the ball, a quick break saw the visitors hit the post before LUKE BARNER to tap in from close range in to a empty net.

Falmouth continued to  press forward and hit the bar, the the home keeper made a superb reflex save to knock the ball over the crossbar, but after 85 minutes, the home side could do little when a ball was laid back for JACK BOWYER to belt it home to make it 4-1.

In the final seconds of the game, Penzance conceded a fifth goal, when from a corner from the right hand side, JAMES WARD reacted first and headed the ball home.

A good advert for the SWPL and felt the referee and his 2 assistants had very good matches.

Well that brings down the curtain to my Cornish Football whilst Im on holiday this time but I will be back


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LIAM'S EARLY HAT TRICK SETTLES THE MATCH

 Euro Soccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Premier Division ATTENBOROUGH FC 1 FC SEZ 4  A trip to Attenborough FC for a number of reasons f...