Saturday 14 August 2021

LATE SHOW SEALS POINTS FOR THE GREENS

 Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two North

RUSHCLIFFE FC 3 TRENT VINEYARD FC 1

When I found out that Rushcliffe FC were to produce their first ever pogramme in the Notts Senior League, I knew would attract a folks who collect non league football programmes and so it was the case, so my first league match of the season was chosen for me. On arrival I was met by Damian who handed me the programmes and badges and me and Hazel put up the table and I was soon in the swing of sorting the ones that had to posted out and those who were attending the match. Then Hazel told me that she had left her handbag at home, so needed to drive the 25 miles back to Mansfield to collect it.

I met and greeted the hoppers as they arrived and picked up their programmes and then realised I was something missing..my camera..it was in the back of Hazel's car  grrrrrr.

At 2.30pm I went and got the team line up's, so the hoppers could take them down or take photos of the line ups.

The game kicked off and was very even, though Rushcliffe seemed to be more threatening up front but early in the game, Trent Vineyard had to swop their game plan around with a outfield player unable to continue, the goalkeeper came out to play in midfield and a sub went in to goal. This seemed to unsettle the visitors and in the meantime KAINE REID floated through and placed the ball in to the net to make it 1-0 to the homesters.

Half time came and went and Rushcliffe started the brighter in the Second Half but didnt make their chances count, though the Vineyard defence was standing tall, but they could do nothing in the 70th minute, when a nice over down the right hand side, saw the ball knocked in low and side footed close home by TRISZTAN BONYAI to make it 2-0.

The visitors were not giving up without a fight and then in the 73rd minute pulled a goal back through DANIEL HARDING. This seemed to awaken Rushcliffe back in to action and in the final minute, sub CALLUM PRICE hit a low strike from 25 yards out to seal the points for his club.

Must give a mention to Referee Lee Chappell who I felt had a very good game, he tried to let it flow as much as he could.

Today donations for the charity blog have left me speechless and shocked but very very grateful, the postman came this morning with a cheque for £8 from York based Groundhopper John McClure who has sold some programmes in his facebook group, then at the match, Rushcliffe FC donated £20 and Trent Vineyard £50, I would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to you all..The running total now stands at £572.75p.

Hazel did arrive back with my camera after about 65 minutes of the match so I was able to take a few photos, so please click this LINK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LIAM'S EARLY HAT TRICK SETTLES THE MATCH

 Euro Soccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Premier Division ATTENBOROUGH FC 1 FC SEZ 4  A trip to Attenborough FC for a number of reasons f...