Thursday 10 June 2021

SHERWOOD LIFT THE CUP

 Inaugural Stanton Invitational Cup Final

SHERWOOD COLLIERY 2 SELSTON 0


At last minute decision got Hazel to run me just up the road to Sherwood Colliery to complete my season and my first visit to the Debdale Lane ground for nearly 3 years. Before the match I had a quick shandy and met up with a few old faces from some years gone by.

I stood pitch side wit my crutches for a bit and then headed behind the far goal where I met several hoppers including Emma and her fella Max, Jake from Sheffield and the chap who runs Premier league to Non League Blog, it was a pleasure meeting and chatting to them all, I will be linking all their blogs at the bottom of my blog.

The First Half of the game saw little chances as both sides cancelled each other out. The Second Half, I entered the stand and sat down as I began to feel tired.

On 49 minutes, the ball was cleared from the Sherwood defence down the left side and a cross came in and up rose CHARLIE TAYLOR to head the Colliery in front.

Both sides then began to up their games and both keepers pulled off a couple of good saves but you had the feeling that Sherwood had more in the tank and after 75 minutes added a second after a mistake in the Selston defence when GARETH CURTIS pounced on and slotted the ball home.


This morning 3 donations towards the Charity Blog for FAMILY FUND(a charity that help and supports families with children with special needs and disabilies) were greatly given by Groundhopper Neil Glenn of £40 and our next door Neighbours Dot & Adie of £20 and Herbie & Sue who donated 25p each goal they saw scored, making a cheque out for £70 taking the running total to £240.25p

31 photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LIAM'S EARLY HAT TRICK SETTLES THE MATCH

 Euro Soccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Premier Division ATTENBOROUGH FC 1 FC SEZ 4  A trip to Attenborough FC for a number of reasons f...